[platform-ui-dev] Minimize to system tray

Minor enhancement suggestion: It would be nice to have the option of
minimizing Eclipse to the system tray (running on Windows of course... I'm
not sure if Linux has this capability) rather than to the taskbar.  I
usually have Eclipse open all day on my desktop but frequently minimize it
while I'm working on other tasks, minimizing to the system tray would help
free up some of the limited real estate on the task bar.

There may also be a benefit of introducing a "pre-initialization" feature
in Eclipse that would allow Eclipse to be started up at system launch and
automatically minimized to the system tray (just like Mozilla).  When I
want to launch Eclipse, I simply double click on the system tray icon and
things start up a whole lot faster.

I will also post this to the bugzilla enhancements database.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@xxxxxxxxxx
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Back to the top