Re: [platform-ui-dev] Proposal for CommandStack in JFace

A "unified" undo story was proposed for 2.0, which is the reason that this proposal was ignored for 2.0.  Unified undo, where changes in the Navigator somehow mingle with changes in the Editor, makes no sense.  Similarly, changes made in 2 different editors should not be mixed together into one undo stack either (if they are editing completely different resources).

I didn't understand some of hte comments.  The proposed commands are not text-specific.  Also, AFAIK, flushing of the command stack does not occur in the Java editor.  It is possible to undo past the save location all the way to the state when the editor was opened.

Kai-Uwe Maetzel <kai-uwe_maetzel@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/20/2003 03:48 PM
Please respond to platform-ui-dev