[platform-ui-dev] About old LPEX Editor

Igor,
the class "BreakpointRulerAction" that you are referencing is an internal
class used by the com.ibm.debug.pdt plugin.  It is meant to create
breakpoints specific to the PDT plugin and that is why you see it
referencing constants in IPICLDebugConstants.

Could you please explain what function you are trying to implement and why
you want to use this class.

>>     Hi !
>>
>> I want to ask about old LPEX editor which was situated in com.ibm.lpex
package.
>> I now work with them and can't understand one thing.
>>
>> When I create an object of "BreakpointRulerAction" class I should pass
to the constructor the return value of "PICLUtils.getResourceBundle()"
function as a >> >> first parameter.
>> Let's watch at function "getResourceBundle" in class "PICLUtils":
>>
>> public static ResourceBundle getResourceBundle() {
>>                 try {
>>                         return
ResourceBundle.getBundle(IPICLDebugConstants.PICL_RESOURCE);
>>                 } catch (MissingResourceException e) {
>>                 }
>>                 return null;
>>         }
>> As we can see function uses constant  "IPICLDebugConstants.PICL_RESOURCE
", which equals "com.ibm.debug.internal.pdt.PICLResources".

>> Please explain me somebody what is the sense of this constant and why is
it equal such a value. Must I have class "PICLResources" in package
"com.ibm.debug.internal.pdt"?  Can I use another value of the constant and
in the same time everything would work correct?

>> Thanks in advance,
>>  Igor S. Zamyatin,
>> Interstron Ltd.

Alan Boxall - IBM Distributed Debugger