Re: [platform-ui-dev] Editor Reuse and the Debugger

Instead of a threshold like 10, I think the debugger's editor management is
much closer to what I want everywhere.  I never want more than one Editor
open, except when the current editor is dirty.  I find that having too many
editors opened just results in my closing everything and starting over.

Perhaps changing the definition of threshold would satisfy both me and the
Debug team.  Instead of N open editors, it would be N "clean" editors.
Most users would probably set this to 2, so that they could open 2
resources and start cut/copy/pasting between them.  Once they have dirtied
one editor (perhaps the target of the pasting), more editors can be opened.
If the first editor was not dirtied, it gets closed.

I just tested the current implmentation, and saw that there is a dialog
that would allow me to open more editors, but I don't want to be prompted.
BTW, if you press ESCAPE on that dialog, it closes a dirty editor without
saving it, and opens the new editor in its place.

Back to the top