[platform-text-dev] How to improve editor highlighting?

Hey - I've found myself developing a love/hate relationship with Eclipse
since I first started using it about a half-year ago. As much as I like
certain features (Java source refactoring is nifty), a few things drive
me absolutely nuts; chief among them is the Preferences dialog, and how
preferences for syntax highlighting are handled. (Also, background
colors are broken; see bug #41867, which is well over two years old
without progress; I suspect the issue is related?) I'd like to help, but
I must say the hierarchies of subprojects and components and packages in
Eclipse are intimidating, to say the least. I'm bewildered as to where
to start. What would be a good starting point?

Luke Maurer
maurerl@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top