Re: [platform-text-dev] How to improve editor highlighting?

Luke,

are you just talking about bug 41867 or is there more? If so, please
capture this in a new bug.
If you want to help with bug 41867 you will need to add new color constants
(see PreferenceConstants), add UI to change them to
AppearancePreferencePage and use those new constants where appropriate.
Once you have those changes ready, create a patch against
org.eclipse.jdt.ui and attach it to the bug report.

HTH
Dani

             Jyrinx
             <jyrinx_list@mind
             spring.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-text-dev                                          cc
             -bounces@eclipse.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       [platform-text-dev] How to improve
                                       editor highlighting?
             10.12.2005 14:07

             Please respond to
             Eclipse Platform
              Text component
              developers list
             <platform-text-de
              v@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey - I've found myself developing a love/hate relationship with Eclipse
since I first started using it about a half-year ago. As much as I like
certain features (Java source refactoring is nifty), a few things drive
me absolutely nuts; chief among them is the Preferences dialog, and how
preferences for syntax highlighting are handled. (Also, background
colors are broken; see bug #41867, which is well over two years old
without progress; I suspect the issue is related?) I'd like to help, but
I must say the hierarchies of subprojects and components and packages in
Eclipse are intimidating, to say the least. I'm bewildered as to where
to start. What would be a good starting point?

Luke Maurer
maurerl@xxxxxxxxxxxx