Re: [platform-team-dev] org.eclipse.compare specific fields question

Thanks for the pointers,
What I am trying to do, is a diff of two streams of data, I want to display all the elements of the streams but only compare certain elements.

Example: you have a printf in your test program, it returns the time and a debug message in the line. I want to diff the two elements so that we display the full output (time + debug message), but the diff would only look at the debug message and so even though the two clocks are skewed, that will not be highlighted. The differences will only be highlighted if the data provided is the same.

On 11-03-22 09:46 AM, Tomasz Zarna wrote:
Would it be possible to use the structuredDiffEditor,
I'm not sure what that is? Could you give me some more detail about it?

If you're looking for a way of displaying structural compare you could take
a look at org.eclipse.compare.structureCreators extension point[1] and a
nice example of using it here[2].

[1]
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_compare_structureCreators.html

[2]
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/samples/org.eclipse.compare.examples/doc-html/ui_structurecreator_ex.html
--
Tomasz Zarna

From:       Matthew Khouzam<matthew.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:       2011-03-03 00:05
Subject:    [platform-team-dev] org.eclipse.compare specific fields
             question
Sent by:    platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello world,
I am currently developing a plugin to compare two streams of events.
An event can be seen as an object with a timestamp, a title and a body.

I know the timestamps will always be different but I need to keep them
in the comparison, but not triggering a difference.

Would it be possible to use the structuredDiffEditor, or should I look
elsewhere.

What I'm looking for is as follows

Time | EventName | payload           | Time | EventName |
payload           |
        1 |         Foo      |  Bar                 |    101|
Foo         |     Bar              |
        2 |         Foo      |  Foo                 |    102|
Foo         |     Bar              |<- Change
        4 |         Foo      |  Bar                 |    103|
Foo         |     Bar              |
        5 |         Foo      |  Bar                 |    104|
Foo         |     Bar              |

Thank you,

Matthew