Re: [platform-team-dev] org.eclipse.compare specific fields question

> Would it be possible to use the structuredDiffEditor,

I'm not sure what that is? Could you give me some more detail about it?

If you're looking for a way of displaying structural compare you could take
a look at org.eclipse.compare.structureCreators extension point[1] and a
nice example of using it here[2].

[1]
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_compare_structureCreators.html

[2]
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/samples/org.eclipse.compare.examples/doc-html/ui_structurecreator_ex.html
--
Tomasz Zarna

From:       Matthew Khouzam <matthew.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:         <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:       2011-03-03 00:05
Subject:    [platform-team-dev] org.eclipse.compare specific fields
            question
Sent by:    platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello world,
I am currently developing a plugin to compare two streams of events.
An event can be seen as an object with a timestamp, a title and a body.

I know the timestamps will always be different but I need to keep them
in the comparison, but not triggering a difference.

Would it be possible to use the structuredDiffEditor, or should I look
elsewhere.

What I'm looking for is as follows

Time | EventName | payload           | Time | EventName |
payload           |
       1 |         Foo      |  Bar                 |    101|
Foo         |     Bar              |
       2 |         Foo      |  Foo                 |    102|
Foo         |     Bar              | <- Change
       4 |         Foo      |  Bar                 |    103|
Foo         |     Bar              |
       5 |         Foo      |  Bar                 |    104|
Foo         |     Bar              |

Thank you,

Matthew