Re: [platform-swt-dev] Building swt-mozilla*.so how-to required

On 6/1/06, Grant Gayed <Grant_Gayed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sriram,

SWT always compiles its mozilla libraries against a built mozilla 1.4, as is required to ensure backwards compatibility with mozilla versions this far back.  Instructions for compiling mozilla (any version) are at http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Build_Documentation .  The following .mozconfig file should work for you:

mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=<pathToMozillaSourceRootDir>/builddir
ac_add_options --disable-optimize
ac_add_options --enable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
ac_add_options --disable-freetype2
ac_add_options --enable-application=suite
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=suite

(you may wish to remove the enable-debug line)

Once this is done, the variables that are set before invoking swt's build.sh are:

GECKO_SDK <yourBuiltMozillaPath>/dist/sdk
GECKO_INCLUDES "-include ${GECKO_SDK}/mozilla-config.h -I${GECKO_SDK}/nspr/include -I${GECKO_SDK}/xpcom/include -I${GECKO_SDK}/string/include -I${GECKO_SDK}/embed_base/include -I${GECKO_SDK}/embedstring/include"
GECKO_LIBS "-L${GECKO_SDK}/embedstring/bin -lembedstring -L${GECKO_SDK}/embed_base/bin -lembed_base_s -L${GECKO_SDK}/xpcom/bin -lxpcomglue_s -lxpcom -L${GECKO_SDK}/nspr/bin -lnspr4 -lplds4 -lplc4"

And finally...

sh build.sh clean
sh build.sh make_mozilla install

...should build everything for you.

Thanks a lot of the above information. I've started to download the
source, and hope to get this working soon.

> (I've seen that even the Linux SWT standalone build doesn't
> have the mozilla bindings within it.

Of the linuxes only ppc is missing these libraries.  Are you on ppc?

No. I'm on x86. And Neither the Solaris, nor the Linux builds for
3.2RC6 has the swt-mozilla binary.

HTH,
Grant

 "Sriram Narayanan" <sriramnrn@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/01/2006 01:13 AM

Please respond to
 "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

To "Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject Re: [platform-swt-dev] Building swt-mozilla*.so how-to required

On 6/1/06, Derek Anderson <public@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > might help:
 > http://kered.org/article-2004.07.10-HOWTO_build_eclipse_v3_linux_gtk_ppc.html

 Thanks.

 Some time after I posted, I got the basic SWT to compile. It's the
 Mozilla specific make target that I can't seem to get to compile. This
 target is not part of the all: target.

 I've downloaded the Mozilla 1.7.12/1.7.13 sources and binaries, and
 have set the GECKO_INCLUDE, GECKO_LIB variables, as figured that
 they're not really being used in the make file. I finally started to
 figure out which headers are referenced by the xpcom.cpp cource file,
 and started to mention their paths in the include arguments
 e.g.
 -I${MOZILLA_SOURCE}/nsprpub/

 It there are a few .h files that some of the mozilla headers seem to
 want, but which are not present.

 My goal:
 Get the libswt-mozilla-*.so file to build on Solaris and Linux (I've
 seen that even the Linux SWT standalone build doesn't have the mozilla
 bindings within it.

 -- Sriram