Re: [platform-swt-dev] Deploy SWT Application with native Browser libraries via Webstart

Do you have a stack trace? That makes debugging a lot easier.

Regards,
Leen

On 6/2/06, Carsten Marx <Carsten.Marx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

the following scenario:

We habe a visual seeking system with a webbrowser included.
We will use the native Browser widget from SWT.
We will deploy our application via webstart for the operating systems
mac, windows and linux.
The user should only click on the .jnlp file to download and start
the entire application.

The .jnlp loads the neseccary files depending on the operating system
from the webserver. The native libraries are included in a jar file
(as described in the FAQ on the SWT website). But the application is
chrashing on windows, mac and linux. The application is working
perfectly within Eclipse.

Here the .jnlp fle for the native libraries:

----------------CODE-------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp
   spec="1.0+"
   codebase="http://testdomain.com/webstart/swttest/";
   href="swt.jnlp">
   <information>
     <title>.....</title>
     <homepage href="......."/>
     <description>.......</description>
     <vendor>.......</vendor>
   </information>
   <security>
     <all-permissions/>
   </security>
   <resources os="Windows" arch="x86">
     <jar href="swt-win/swt.jar"/>
     <nativelib href="swt-win/swtNativeLib.jar"/>
   </resources>
   <resources os="Linux" arch="i386">
     <jar href="swt-linux/swt.jar"/>
     <jar href="swt-linux/swt-pi.jar"/>
     <nativelib href="swt-linux/swtNativeLib.jar"/>
   </resources>
     <resources os="Mac OS X">
     <jar href="swt-macosx/swt.jar"/>
     <nativelib href="swt-macosx/swtNativeLib.jar"/>
   </resources>
   <component-desc/>
</jnlp>

Are there any better tutorials available or is it not possible to
deploy the native Browser libraries this way?
Thanks for any comments...

Best regards

Carsten Marx, University of Konstanz