Re: [platform-swt-dev] Compiling swt libs on Solaris x86_64

  Hi Ben, sorry I missed your reply.

> Thanks for getting back to me, I tried what you suggested but I'm
> afraid I got exactly the same problem with accessing gtk.os.memmove().
> Is it right that each of the different packages contains different
> source?  I thought they just contained different binaries.  After all,
> the build.sh and make_linux.mak and make_solaris.mak seem to suggest
> that the source is common and can be built for any platform depending
> on what `uname -s` returns in build.sh.

  Yes, the C sources for x86-64 are different than those for x86. The
makefiles are the same though.  I'll verify on our x86-64 box that the
sources in that zip build.

  The "foolproof" way is to get org.eclipse.swt and
org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64 from CVS and run the
build.nativeLibraries target of the build.xml in the x86_64 fragment.

  Let me know if you're having problems, and if you IRC, drop by
#eclipse-dev on irc.freenode.net.

  -Billy

Back to the top