Re: [platform-swt-dev] Compiling swt libs on Solaris x86_64

  Hi Ben,

> I'm trying to compile the swt libs on Solaris 10 for AMD64 which is a
> platform not supported by SWT or Eclipse.  I've managed to modify the
> various build files to build 64bit Solaris x86_64 libs but when I try
> to use the libraries I get a SEGV from my JVM (A sun JVM with amd64
> support).
>
> The JVM SEGV's when trying to enter:
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.memmove() Initially, I was compiling
> the whole of eclipse and actually came across this problem when I
>  typed ./eclipse.  Because I thought eclipse was a bit of a big
> beast, I created a very small SWT application that should just bring
> up a window and say "hello world" when run.  The SWT application has
> exactly the same problem as eclipse did.

  I suspect you built the 32-bit sources rather than the 64-bit ones.

  Try this.  Go to http://www.eclipse.org/swt/ and click on the
"more..." for either the stable or development release.  Download the
Linux/GTK+ x86-64 SWT source and binary .zip.  In there will be a
src.zip which will have in it the C sources for Linux x86-64.  Use the
make_linux.mak makefile to build the .so files, and use the swt.jar from
in there.

  If you can get this to run your little SWT app, then you should be
able to use those libraries and that SWT .jar to bring up Eclipse.

  Let me know if you're having trouble.
  -Billy

Back to the top