Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

Pattern(Device, float, float, float, float, Color, int, Color, int)  constructor is not able to set start or end alpha value,
nor Pattern(Device,Image) is able to apply an alpha to the Pattern.

I'm agree with Randy, if GC's alpha is set to 50%, any pattern used to fill or to draw must be rendered using 50% transparency.
I'm not able to test this feature on linux nor mac, does someone have tested this ?

Thanks,
Arnaud.

Silenio Quarti <Silenio_Quarti@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/01/2005 05:06 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

I believe the alpha value of the GC does not affect the pattern on Windows and GTK (not sure about

the Mac). Please open a bug report so that we can check/make this consistent between platforms.

Silenio

Randy Hudson <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/31/2005 10:23 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

I think the point is that a normal (opaque) pattern should be 50% transparent when the entire GC is set to 50%. Is this not what happens on other platforms?

Silenio Quarti <Silenio_Quarti@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/31/2005 01:52 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

This feature was just added after SWT 3.1 shipped. See Pattern(Device, float, float, float, float, Color, int, Color, int). You can

specify a alpha value for the start and end colors.

Silenio

Arnaud De Muyser <ademuyser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/28/2005 12:09 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

Hi,

I'm trying new SWT 3.1 GC features, incredible, a real big step for graphics !

When I use alpha (setAlpha(100) for example) and use a background or foreground pattern,

pattern is drawn without using current transparency value (I create pattern with png and jpeg images).

How can I paint patterns using alpha transparency ?

Thanks for your help.

Arnaud.