Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

I believe the alpha value of the GC does not affect the pattern on Windows and GTK (not sure about
the Mac). Please open a bug report so that we can check/make this consistent between platforms.

Silenio

Randy Hudson <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/31/2005 10:23 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

I think the point is that a normal (opaque) pattern should be 50% transparent when the entire GC is set to 50%. Is this not what happens on other platforms?

Silenio Quarti <Silenio_Quarti@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/31/2005 01:52 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list." <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

This feature was just added after SWT 3.1 shipped. See Pattern(Device, float, float, float, float, Color, int, Color, int). You can

specify a alpha value for the start and end colors.

Silenio

Arnaud De Muyser <ademuyser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/28/2005 12:09 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Using Alpha with Patterns

Hi,

I'm trying new SWT 3.1 GC features, incredible, a real big step for graphics !

When I use alpha (setAlpha(100) for example) and use a background or foreground pattern,

pattern is drawn without using current transparency value (I create pattern with png and jpeg images).

How can I paint patterns using alpha transparency ?

Thanks for your help.

Arnaud.