Re: [platform-swt-dev] Why does everything I print seem so small?

I will look at your project to see if it can be added to the SWT Community
page.  I think this is a more appropraite place for it than the SWT FAQ.

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/community.php

"Matthew Hall" <matthall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/03/2005 11:50 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Why does everything I print seem so small?

In the SWT FAQ there is a question: “Why does everything I print seem so
small?”  The last paragraph of the answer reads as follows:

Unfortunately, printing is not simply a matter of just passing in the
printer GC instead of the screen GC. Printing has to be designed into your
drawing classes. You don't have scrollbars anymore, so you have to either
cut stuff off and print it on another page, or reorganize it, or scale it
down, or wrap it somehow. Maybe you want to give some control to your
users, and let them specify how many inches something should be, or
whatever - maybe give them a ruler. There is no magic bullet - you will
definitely have to give it some thought.

I’ve written an open-source printing library for SWT that handles word
wrapping, image rendering, page breaks and other printing concerns.  If
you could add a second answer to the FAQ question mentioned above, it may
spark more interest in the library and help to improve what I believe is a
very useful tool for the Eclipse community:

A:  An open-source printing library for SWT called PaperClips is available
on SourceForge, which handles word wrapping, image scaling, page breaks,
and document layout.  Developers write code to compose a document, and
pass the document to the library to be printed.  (PaperClips is not
supported by the Eclipse Foundation.)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/paperclips/

Thanks,

platform-swt-dev mailing list