Re: [platform-swt-dev] event handling in native

The key word in that sentence is "reaches". In other words, from C we don't go reaching back into Java to get data - we only use what has already been sent to us and stored, like the object and method to call back to when the event occurs.
The only documentation on that mechanism is the code itself, in org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse SWT/common/library/callback.c

Carolyn

Bahadır Yağan <bahadir.yagan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/20/2005 03:59 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] event handling in native

Hi,
This is my first message to swt-dev list. I am using SWT in my work and
also for some hobby programs. While reading the SWT-Design article Part1
by Steve Northover, I have seen the following statement:

"No code reaches back into Java from C to get a field or invoke a method"

My question is, if no code gets back to Java, how did the events are
implemented. Are there any simplified examples like the one in the article?

Regards,
Bahadir Yagan