Re: [platform-swt-dev] event handling in native

Events are implemented using the internal class Callback which allows you to specify and object and method to be bound to a native address and then pass that address out.  When the operating system calls you back, the method for the object is invoked.  The reference between Java and C is explicit (rather than both sides agreeing on a well know class and method).

Bahadır Yağan <bahadir.yagan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/20/2005 03:59 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] event handling in native

Hi,
This is my first message to swt-dev list. I am using SWT in my work and
also for some hobby programs. While reading the SWT-Design article Part1
by Steve Northover, I have seen the following statement:

"No code reaches back into Java from C to get a field or invoke a method"

My question is, if no code gets back to Java, how did the events are
implemented. Are there any simplified examples like the one in the article?

Regards,
Bahadir Yagan