[platform-swt-dev] rendering SWT into a pbuffer

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to ask SWT to render itself into a pbuffer rather then to the display. In particular I want to embed SWT widgets *inside* an OpenGL view, i.e. not an opengl inside SWT (as per the current experimental swt-opengl). I believe this means that I should use the same Display but somehow get a Control that will directed at a pbuffer rather then on the backbuffer. Maybe a Shell will be fine (as there will not be a window-manager that will decorate it), but I'm not sure about it. I'm well aware that I will need to forward GUI events to the SWT widgets I embed after performing some transformation on the events but that seems to be a minor issue.

I'd appreciate any insight as I intend to dive into the development of this capability very soon.

thanks

    Yarden Livnat
    Research Scientist
    University of Utah