[platform-swt-dev] New SWT download format for M6

SWT has moved to the new JAR'd format.  The M6 format for Eclipse will be:

org.eclipse.swt._3.1.0.jar
plus one of ...
org.eclipse.swt.win32_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.swt.gtk_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.swt.gtk64_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.swt.motif_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.swt.carbon_3.1.0.jar

This will change for M7 to include the os and architecture (the final look
of this is still under discussion) :

org.eclipse.swt._3.1.0.jar
plus one of ...
org.eclipse.swt.linux.gtk.x86_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.swt.linux.gtk.x86_64_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.swt.solaris.gtk.sparc_3.1.0.jar
org.eclipse.swt.linux.motif.x86_3.1.0.jar
etc ...

There will also be a new Standalone SWT Download format:

swt.jar
dlls / libraries
licensing files

This is simplified and will no longer include multiple jars like
swt-pi.jar, swt-mozilla.jar etc.  The format of the SWT Standalone
downloads might change for M7.  We are investigating a mechanism for
including the libraries in the jar but we have not yet decided if this is
feasible or desirable.

NOTE: SWT Launcher will not work for M6 and may be temporarily removed -
See bug 88669 for details.

For more details, please see Bug 88122.

Back to the top