[platform-swt-dev] SWT Carbon and WebStart

Hi there,

Our application (Java Swing) is normally distributed using Java Web Start and is required to work on Linux, Solaris, Windows and Mac OS X.
I'm currently investigating moving to SWT instead of Swing and all was well until I tried to setup a Web Start jnlp file that would run on all four platforms.
I've followed the instructions from the IBM article
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-jws/

On Linux, Windows and Solaris all works correctly, however on OS X my application runs but without a Dock icon or Menu bar, exactly as if run from the command-line using 'java' instead of 'java_swt'.

So my question is does anyone know of a way of launching a Java SWT application on OS X from Web Start? i.e. is it possible to specify an alternative java command or perform some other magic to get the application to run correctly from Web Start.

Any help gratefully appreciated,
Regards,
-- Colm.

--