[platform-swt-dev] Re: fixing the problem of the old gtk header files versus new gtk header files ...

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 04:26:42 +0000
Erik Poupaert <erik.poupaert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Is there any solution other than removing the offending #define?  What do
>>> C projects do to get around this problem.  Perhaps they use the #define
>>> when developing but remove it before they ship?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask the question directly to the GTK people, as to
how they meant people to handle the DEPRECATE_... thing, they've introduced.

But then again, I'm quite confident that lots of people are running into the same
issue. So, there's probably already a standard solution. Let me see if I can chase it
up.

By the way, I doubt they'll do it again after what they will be going through, with
gazillions of developers depending on them, now in trouble ... :-)

Back to the top