Re: [platform-swt-dev] [ANN] Eclipse SWT/Fox plugin available ( pre-alpha)

> >P.S. Users of older Linux distributions (pre gcc 3.2) may encounter
> >problems running SWT/Fox, because at the moment it is not statically
> >linked with libc++.
>
> I'm curious: why should that be a problem? AFAIK every lib on
> debian is *not* statically linked...

See my previous message post in the list.

> I had a look at this CPPTasks and I wondering, why you don't do the
> normal 'configure and make'? In the moment I'm asking, because I'm
> interested in making a debian package from this swt port (I'm
> currently maintainer of the debian eclipse package) and using this
> special ant task will give me a headache :) Calling configure and
> make (or only make, as there shouldn't be many dependencies) from
> ant seems equaly easy... (I will probably patch the build.xml and
> write such a makefile to make it work...)

That's ok with me.
Initially the project used autoconf/automake build process (it's in CVS
history - if you dig in there you may find it..).  I had permanent problems
with it (ok - I'm relatively new to Linux), so I eventually switched to
Ant/CPPTasks. IMO autoconf proved an overkill.

Don't underestimate CPPTasks. They have built-in .c/.h dependencies graph
builder and support a whole range of C++ compilers.
Yes they are not core (or even optional) Ant task, but you can checkout &
build them automatically as part of the build process.

> >(I haven't succeeded yet in convincing Ant/CPPTasks to
> >link *some* libraries statically.)
> Anyway, I will still wait for the next 'release' before I start
> packaging it... CDT is still waiting...

Sure, I guess the port does not qualify even as alpha yet. There are at
least two very annoyng crashes that I'm aware of. :-)