Re: [platform-swt-dev] [ANN] Eclipse SWT/Fox plugin available (pre-alpha)

Hallo Ivan,

* Ivan Markov wrote:
>P.S. Once you've installed SWT/Fox in Eclipse, you can activate it by
>runing Eclipse this way: 'eclipse -ws fox'

Seems really easy to make a port working...

>P.S. Users of older Linux distributions (pre gcc 3.2) may encounter
>problems running SWT/Fox, because at the moment it is not statically
>linked with libc++.

I'm curious: why should that be a problem? AFAIK every lib on
debian is *not* statically linked...

>(I haven't succeeded yet in convincing Ant/CPPTasks to
>link *some* libraries statically.)

I had a look at this CPPTasks and I wondering, why you don't do the
normal 'configure and make'? In the moment I'm asking, because I'm
interested in making a debian package from this swt port (I'm
currently maintainer of the debian eclipse package) and using this
special ant task will give me a headache :) Calling configure and
make (or only make, as there shouldn't be many dependencies) from
ant seems equaly easy... (I will probably patch the build.xml and
write such a makefile to make it work...)

Anyway, I will still wait for the next 'release' before I start
packaging it... CDT is still waiting...

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@xxxxxxx