RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

I'm using SWT in a POS (Point of Sale) system. I doubt there is any geek
chic in it; on the contrary, I guess it's being done, because the customer
pays for the contractors that do it.

Yes. But you can't do anything with it. What's the point in decorticating a
source base and not being able to do anything with it? There are better ways
to waste time...

DLL?

It's in the C files that you find in the root. They only contain the JNI
mappers. It's really boring and dump code (sorry to the guy who did the
effort of writing it...). I don't use the dll. I've pushed structs.obj,
swt.obj, swtole.obj (to compile with VC.NET) along with callback.o (to
compile with gcc) preceded by swt-win32-XXX.exp into the executable. Since
"self" is registered with ltdl in libjava, the symbols are resolved from the
executable's own body.

So, it takes longer to take off. That happens all the time. The virtuous
circle will have to start at the very bottom ...

They usually come last. I've just charged good consultancy fees for telling
a commercial enterprise that they need to use CVS.

A corporate setting is not a place to innovate. It's more of a place to
standardize heavily; and monitor the compliance with standards, so that all
products are made in the same way and services all alike. They're probably
right that customers like it that way. But both don't sit well together. So,
they buy innovation. I don't mind. That makes me a good business.

I've run into something similar. I guess you have send a second pack().

Back to the top