RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

> From: Erik Poupaert
>
> I'm using SWT in a POS (Point of Sale) system.

Very good.  Who made the decision to go with SWT?

> They usually come last. I've just charged good consultancy fees
> for telling
> a commercial enterprise that they need to use CVS.
>
> A corporate setting is not a place to innovate. It's more of a place to
> standardize heavily; and monitor the compliance with standards,
> so that all
> products are made in the same way and services all alike. They're probably
> right that customers like it that way. But both don't sit well
> together. So,
> they buy innovation. I don't mind. That makes me a good business.

Well, the future will tell.  The pluses of SWT are not necesarily enough to
outweigh the minuses, especially in the less innovative world of corporate
IT.  Since that's where I live, it's going to be a little more difficult to
sell SWT.

Joe

Back to the top