RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

SWT has proven that it can do Eclipse; which is an accomplishment.
Further, it is the improvement process that could differentiate SWT from
Swing. A process in which people contribute fixes and new code is -- on the
long term -- superior to a process where you have a fixed team doing all the
work. Another consideration is that SWT will never really disappear and make
your investments in it worthless. The source is available and if this site
goes down, some other site will pick it up.

In a corporate setting, they simply pay a lot of money for someone to come
up and write a report telling them that using SWT has major benefits. The
fact that you can trace back its pedigree to IBM helps as well. I actually
wanted to use it by myself, before disclosing the secret to others, on a
consultancy basis. So, this POS project is now being done with SWT. We'll
see about the next steps.

Back to the top