RE: [platform-swt-dev] Building SWT DLL with MinGW on Windows

Thanks for the hint. :-) I actually downloaded that
last night, but I still have some issues:

1. MinGW includes header files for most common Windows
APIs, but not all of them. I tried using the Microsoft
header files for the header files missing in MinGW.
Alas, I got errors with some of the header files when
compiling. I haven't had much time to look into this,
though. Perhaps a fix is easy.

2. MinGW includes library files for most of the common
Windows APIs, but not all of them. Initially, I
thought that I could get these missing libraries from
the Platform SDK (i.e. .lib files), but this won't
work. MinGW of course uses a different binary format
than the Microsoft compiler. As such, you can't link
in libraries created with the Microsoft compiler with
objects created by MinGW.

3. I've been living in Java-land for the past several
years with only brief visits to C-land. As such, I'm
rusty on this stuff.

I think that I'm going to hang out on the MinGW user
mailing list and see if anyone has any ideas. You'd
have to think that someone else has dealt with these
missing MinGW headers and libraries before.

Thanks,

:-) Frank