From: Boris Shingarov [mailto:Boris_Shingarov@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 3:52 PM
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [platform-swt-dev] patch for gtk2 binding

Jeff,

You are very welcome to work on Text, as currently nobody is doing it.
There are some underwater rocks that we will have to discuss when you are at writing certain pieces of the widget.  For example, the semantics of modification and selection change events in SWT, are somewhat tricky.  Also, we will have to agree on exactly how we pass/answer Strings; this is an area that is changing right now, and we need to have a complete agreement so it's consistent from widget to widget.

Boris

Jeffrey Morgan <Jeffrey.Morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

07/11/2002 07:45 AM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev