Re: [platform-swt-dev] OS X version, now and future

On 11-07-2002 18:14, Mike Wilson wrote:
 Mac OS X has to become a first class citizen w.r.t. the drops page. Then you
 can get integration builds for the Mac just like any other platform.

Now that there is a stable 2.0 release of Eclipse, can we get SWT for Mac OS
X stable first keeping the rest of the code on the 2.0 milestone. I would
hate having a more and more stable SWT for Mac OS X with a less stable post
2.0 interim build of Eclipse. Or do I interpret your words in a wrong way?

I think that's exactly what I'm doing: I'm using the stable 2.0 version of Eclipse and I'm using HEAD of SWT for my Mac port. This will be true for the next couple of weeks because I have enough work to do with SWT for MacOS X alone. One of them is support for Jaguar.

On the other side I have quite a list of (mostly small) problems that cannot be solved by SWT alone. If fixes for these problems become available, I will decide whether I will upgrade to newer versions of Eclipse. However, I would prefer not go with the 3.0 stream but stick to the 2.x stream that mostly fixes bugs but doesn't add new features (and new bugs).

--andre

Back to the top