[platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X port: Tree/MacUtil question

Hi Andre,

Today I started looking over the DataBrowser again.
Browsing both the Carbon API and the SWT hierarchy I found you use the Carbon function "newControl()" to create and embed new controls in "MacUtil.newControl()". The Carbon API says using the native function "newControl()" is not recommended but instead use "GetNewControl()"
Do you use "newControl()" by purpose or by *accident* ?
I think we should try to migrate to using the _new_ method "GetNewControl()" except you know any reason why not.

ControlManager API:
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Carbon/HumanInterfaceToolbox/ControlManager/
Control_Manager/index.html

DataBrowser Technote:
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2009.html

I´d really like to implement the Carbon Tree. But this will take some time, since I don´t know how much I can work on it.

martin

Back to the top