[platform-swt-dev] Follow up { on a german keyboard [swt-carbon]

hi,

i think the problem is the bugfix 12952. Which prevents entering chars with alt.

The code in org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText handleKey()

           if (event.character > 31 &&
			event.character != SWT.DEL && event.stateMask != SWT.ALT ||
		    event.character == SWT.CR || event.character == SWT.LF ||
		    event.character == TAB) {
			doContent(event.character);
		}

filters nearly all chars entered with the alt modifier including {} on a german keyboard.

Removing && event.stateMask != SWT.ALT solves my problem but it is a bug for other people.

Can somebody advice me what i should do in this case. It s my first work for the swt.

Best regards

ulrich

Back to the top