[platform-swt-dev] RE: Latest Carbon stuff in dev.eclipse.org?

Andre,

Thanks.  I assembled all the pieces, stitched up the package and waited for
a good lightning bolt - and now Frankeneclipse lives (it says "hi" by the
way)!

The only minor correction to your instructions would be the line:
>- copy the file 'MRJApp.properties' into Contents/Resources/Java

which should read:
- copy the file 'MRJApp.properties' into Contents/Resources

So, I'm very happy.   Thanks for instructions and have a good vacation next
week - you deserve it ;-)

Luke

-------------------
Luke,

>  > Thanks, and everything has gone as planned for your 'step 1'.  I'll
take a
>  > deep breath and you can 'hit me' with step 2 ;-)

Step 2:

- get ZipIt for MacOS X in order to unpack *.zip files without
truncating long file names
   (like StuffIt or StuffIt Expander)
- download the AIX/Motif/PPC version of Eclipse 20020602 ('F2')
   (actually it doesn't matter what OS/WS/architecture to pick,
however in the following
   I will refer to motif or aix files and folders)
- expand the zip file

- open your existing Eclipse application with 'Show Package Contents'
(or a copy thereof)
- copy the files startup.jar, launchersrc.zip, install.ini to
Contents/Resources/Java
- replace the plugin folder by the plugin folder of 20020602
- add the features folder of 20020602
- delete all folders within the plugin and features folder that
   have a "motif" or "aix" in their name.

- uncompress and mount the attached archive 'Eclipse.dmg.gz'
- copy the *contents* of folders 'features' and 'plugins' into the
corresponding folders
   in your Eclipse application.
- copy the file 'MRJApp.properties' into Contents/Resources/Java

- copy the dll 'libswt-carbon-2043.jnilib' from step 1 into
Contents/Resources/Java
- copy 'swt.jar'from step 1 into
Contents/Resources/Java/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.carbon_2.0.0/ws/carbon

That's it.

Double click your Eclipse application.
If all goes well it will start up and create a 'workspace2'.
If this works too, you can change MRJApp.properties to point to your
old workspace.

Let me know if this works.
Thanks,
--andre