RE: [platform-swt-dev] AWT on top of SWT

Correct, it is a PersonalJava level of AWT meant for embedded.

-Andrew

Scott Stanchfield <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/11/2002 02:53 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev

        To:     platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [platform-swt-dev] AWT on top of SWT

I've been working on one, and got it partly working. Getting it to work as
plugin has been challenging wrt classloaders. I chatted with some of the
Instantiations folks at JavaOne, and I think we came up with an idea to
make
the classloaders work. I'll see if I can try it out this coming weekend.

BTW: The OTI implementation for VA Micro that keeps coming up really
wouldn't work here. I've looked into it and it's not complete (I believe
it
assumes J2ME personal config, which is rather limited), and wasn't really
peer setup.

-- Scott