[platform-swt-dev] Mac port: inputs wanted

As a precursor to getting a Mac port going, I'd like to make the "candidate" starting code bases that people have been working on available from somewhere on the SWT section of the eclipse site. I know Maurice and Andre, at least, have been separately working on something, and I'd like to get both of their wads* up. Anybody else who is working on "potential starting points" should feel free to contribute as well. Just so you know, I'M NOT CLAIMING WE WILL USE THIS CODE, I just want to put it somewhere everybody can look at it.

The only issue with this is that, we need to ensure that any code which comes into eclipse.org is released under CPL. Probably the easiest thing to do is for you to build a zip with an appropriate "About.html" and a copy of the CPL license -- take a look at the one in the root of the eclipse install to see an example of this -- and send me a link to the zip. I'll forward it to somebody local who understand the legal um... stuff to make sure it's ok and then copy it to somewhere in the SWT developer resources section. Just so you know, I can't actually look at anything which isn't CPL. :-(

[Reminder: Code which is published directly on the eclipse.org newsgroup and mailing lists is automatically CPL.]

McQ.

* wad: noun, technical, from the SWT vernacular, "a non-trivial volume of code" :-P

Back to the top