Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac port: HelloWorld3

I'm trying to figure out how this would map to the existing Eclipse code base. Presumably, you would have some reasonable default menu. (It's title could come from Display.setAppName().) Certainly, up front at least, Eclipse wouldn't be populating this menu although down the road API could be added to configure it.

One issue I see with this is that, Displays also do not equate to applications, since (despite the javadoc comments) it is definately possible to have more than one. I believe we support at least this pattern:
        Display d = new Display();
        d.dispose();
        d = new Display();
        d.dispose();
on all platforms. In some cases, it's also possible to have more than one display active at once (although this isn't guaranteed to work everywhere).

Maurice Parker <maurice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

12/04/2001 04:52 AM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev