Re: [platform-swt-dev] swt, gtk and gcj

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Do JNI and CNI result in the same Java API, just different C stubs?

That's right.

An idea I mentioned to Tom that you may not have seen - maybe we could
have a script to convert these build.properties files to auto*
automatically - that way avoiding code rot to the auto* setup.

That's an interesting idea.

I'm looking for some way to get all of Eclipse building easily from
source - right now it seems we have to manually tweak some settings in
the IDE itself for each sub-project of Eclipse, then build from the
GUI, which makes it hard to drop in gcj, and makes it hard to package
things as an SRPM. Also it makes it hard for people to get started
hacking on the code.

Alex Petit-Bianco and I both started writing auto* configury for building all
of Eclipse with gcj.  A lot of it is building right now.  I think this is

a reasonable way to deploy Eclipse (no third-party JVM dependency,
good performance).

AG

Back to the top