RE: [platform-swt-dev] swt, gtk and gcj

Havoc said:
> > GTK 2 comes with "defs" files that spec all the functions and types in
> > easy-to-parse form, so we could probably autogenerate 90% of the C
> > code, making it easy to change the between stub formats. The other
> > idea mentioned so far is to just use java-gnome (once it's moved to
> > GTK 2).

It would seem wasteful to not build off Java Gnome, especially as the
maintainer is involved here and would probably be responsive to any
problems encountered. Not to mention that the community as a whole would
benefit from a large application using the bindings as problems would be
fixed (just as many problems if not more would be generated writing the
bindings from scratch, I'd be willing to bet).

-Seth

Back to the top