Re: [platform-releng-dev] Mars Acknowledgements: due June 10

The "active committer" section of the acknowledgements was intended to acknowledge the contributions of the committers who made any commits towards the current release. If you want to acknowledge some committers twice that's fine, but it feels a bit unbalanced...

John

From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/28/2015 08:12 AM
Subject:        Re: [platform-releng-dev] Mars Acknowledgements: due June 10
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Mickael, this goes in sync with my thoughts, but I exclude myself and Paul from the list. We do not need a thank you. :-)

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/28/2015 12:29 PM, Lars Vogel wrote:
Hi,

AFAIK the acknowledgements used to excluded committers in the past. For platform UI I will include them as well as many of our contributes do their work in their private time or go beyond the call of duty in their paid time. I plan to excluded only Paul and myself as the project leads.

And vice-versa, there are some contributors (at least one) in this list for which the contributions are in the call of duty of their paid time. So IMO, it's fine to keep everyone, including committers, project leads, and whoever has contributed code to Platform UI, independently of how those efforts were funded and why they did contribute.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at

Geschäftsführer