Re: [platform-releng-dev] [jdt-dev] Performance tests failing with Tycho: "We should have found org.eclipse.jdt.core project in workspace!!!"

Disclaimer: I've never actively worked on the performance tests, but let me hazard some guesses:

>      1. Are this tests executed by current builder? If not, I can
>      simply make them become an "eclipse-plugin" instead of
>      "eclipse-test-plugin".

I don't thinks so. I think last time they ran was back on IBM infrastructure, right?
May need to ask Kim for details...

>      2. Is this really mandatory to have a project there? Wouldn't the
>      jar'd plugin be enough?

I believe it's mandatory: these tests need actual workspace projects
as their test data.

>      3. Where is this project expected to come from? IMO, the test
>      should be responsible of setting up its resources (ideally in a
>      JUnit @Before or @BeforeClass, or in the script running it) but it
>      appears it's not what is happening here.

I assume, back in the old days, it just was easiest to use the sources we
were building anyway also as test data. (and @Before didn't even exist :)

Note, that for some tests the test data have already been stored in VCS,
which was separated out into
   http://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core.binaries.git/tree/org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.binaries

If tests are decoupled from the main plugin projects, then of course
a new strategy has to be found.

HTH,
Stephan

Back to the top