[platform-help-dev] embedded help for web applications for InfoCenter Eclipse

Hi, Eclipse Help Gurus:

We're contemplating embedding help topics within a web application window.
We'd like to pursue a strategy that will not only be valid for Eclipse
2.0.1 but also Eclipse 2.1 and (one hopes) beyond.

For InfoCenter Eclipse 2.0.1, the best approach seems to be to extend the
Eclipse help web application.  Here is a more detailed explanation of that
approach:

    (See attached file: HelpEmbedded.zip)

Will this strategy work with the design planned for 2.1?

We also have a working prototype that can be installed on Tomcat +
InfoCenter Eclipse 2.0.1, if that would clarify our approach.

Thanks in advance,

Erik Hennum
ehennum@xxxxxxxxxx