[platform-help-dev] servlet API for standalone help?

Hello,

We have a servlet-based user interface (non-Eclipse) and we want to
integrate a user assistance in Eclipse. I noticed that in the stable build
from 02/14/02 the Help Contents launches in a separate browser window and
it only runs when I have Tomcat 3.2 running. Is this coming from a servlet?
I think I read that it is DHTML and JSP. I have three questions.
1) How do we launch this separate help browser window from our
servlet-based UI?
2) Is there a servlet API available so we can figure out how to launch the
window and point to a specific file in the content frame?
3) If these are not currently available, what is the timeframe?

Thank you,
Teresa

Teresa Shen
RMSS User Technologies