Re: [platform-dev] Vote to stop bug auto-closing in all Eclipse platform projects

On Friday, February 18, 2022, Andrey Loskutov <loskutov@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> And it's important that we understand that in the way we interact with consumers, and also in the way we plan to future of the project.
>
> You don't see that you contradict youself?
> According to this, we  seem to plan to "auto close" the future of the project.

I don't contradict myself, you just fail at reading me correctly (or I fail at explaining my thoughts correctly).
Closing bugs is actually more likely to help project focusing on its preseny and future than keeping tons of probably outdated or irrelevant bugs open with a dead silence around them. It does force some triaging or contributiin actions from stakeholders that are otherwise just forgetting about this issue. It does boost community activity. Reopened bugs usually start discussions that wouldn't have happened without an auto-close... it's probably more helpful to boost bugzilla discussions that all committer efforts united.

Only arguments against it are just emotions (I don't want this email, I'm annoyed people don't care enough abou my issue...) but there is no solid data points to consolidate not closing is helpfulto the project and community IMO, while I see tons of auto-closed bugs that turned into a happy end.

--
Mickael Istria