Re: [platform-dev] SWT-GTK theme support

On 2/25/19 4:53 AM, Thomas Singer wrote:
Our application shows following information to the user:

*Old GTK3 version detected.*
Following GTK3 version was detected: 3.18.9. Version 3.20+ is strongly recommended.
If you experience some strange GUI problems, please remove the leading #
from line
#export SWT_GTK3=0
in smartgit.sh or try to switch to Adwaita theme.

Right now I've got an answer from a user:

I'm not switching my entire desktop theme for one uncooperative
application. And I don't particularly want to disable GTK 3 altogether. Why
can't this just... work?

This is the typical answer from a user and he actually is right.

If there is a concrete bug you should file a ticket with the theme maintainer. Since they wrote the theme it should be easy for them to fix (or at least identify) such issues as it's usually a case of padding or margin being applied in the wrong area.

As Mickael pointed out from a support POV nothing is changing, we are simply codifying what has already been our position for quite some time.

--
Eric Williams
Software Engineer - Eclipse/SWT Team

Back to the top