Re: [platform-dev] SWT-GTK theme support

On 2/22/19 8:50 AM, Mike Wilson wrote:
I'm not averse to there being an "Eclipse" theme, but experience has shown that it takes significant investment to create/maintain GTK themes. Even if we were just repackaging an existing one, there would be significant testing overhead, since including a theme that wasn't known to work on the "variants that aren't shipping GTK3 default themes" would effectively defeat the purpose. At this point, I don't see it happening, but if someone in the community wants to try, more power to them. Personally, I think we'd be better off convincing the distros themselves to move forward.
McQ.

+1. Andrey Loskutov and Simeon Andreev are already doing something similar, they don't like the aesthetics of the default GTK theme so they basically maintain their own theme. Well they didn't write a theme from scratch, but they have adopted the Clearlooks-Phenix theme and patch it to work with SWT. It is for this reason that we have the environment variable which allows clients to inject their own GTK theme CSS into SWT at run-time.

Eric

Back to the top