From:        Eric Williams <ericwill@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        14.02.2019 17:28
Subject:        [platform-dev] Eclipse editor and StyledText selection events
Sent by:        platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I am not sure about certain behaviour in the Eclipse Java editor so I am
writing to this list for clarification.

I am dealing with an issue where StyledText is not sending SWT.Selection
events when doing selecting text in a certain way while using the
Eclipse Java editor. Specifically, StyledText.sendSelectionEvent() is
not being triggered.

For example:
1) Open any Java file in the IDE
2) Press Ctrl + Home
3) Press Shift + End

This will select an entire line, but StyledText.sendSelectionEvent() is
not called. If I hit the down arrow (moving the caret one line down and
clearing the selection), I see the method being called. But doing Shift
+ End on any line is not triggering it at all.

Is this expected behaviour? Using pure SWT StyledText snippets shows
that Shift + End is indeed triggering the sendSelectionEvent() method,
but for some reason the Eclipse Java editor is not doing that.

Thoughts?

--
Eric Williams
Software Engineer - Eclipse/SWT Team