[platform-dev] Eclipse editor and StyledText selection events

Hello,

I am not sure about certain behaviour in the Eclipse Java editor so I am writing to this list for clarification.

I am dealing with an issue where StyledText is not sending SWT.Selection events when doing selecting text in a certain way while using the Eclipse Java editor. Specifically, StyledText.sendSelectionEvent() is not being triggered.

For example:
1) Open any Java file in the IDE
2) Press Ctrl + Home
3) Press Shift + End

This will select an entire line, but StyledText.sendSelectionEvent() is not called. If I hit the down arrow (moving the caret one line down and clearing the selection), I see the method being called. But doing Shift + End on any line is not triggering it at all.

Is this expected behaviour? Using pure SWT StyledText snippets shows that Shift + End is indeed triggering the sendSelectionEvent() method, but for some reason the Eclipse Java editor is not doing that.

Thoughts?

--
Eric Williams
Software Engineer - Eclipse/SWT Team