Re: [platform-debug-dev] getLaunchManager().launchConfigurationAdded/Changed not called for non-local LCs

> Hello,
>
> We recently ran into a problem where new non-local Launch Configurations

> created in were not available from the
> LaunchManager.getLaunchConfigurations() list when called synchronously
> in the same code path as the doSave() method.

Please file a bug for this. Calling
LaunchManager.getLaunchConfigurations() after doSave() should result in
the new configuration being present.

> I investigated this issue and discovered that the
> LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.writeNewFile() implementation calls
> getLaunchManager().launchConfigurationAdded/Changed() only for local
LCs.

> For non local LCs, the update of the LaunchManager list relies on the
> Resource delta notification, which are perform asynchronously in a
> different thread.
>
> This is an issue we have code that executes synchronously after a new LC

> being created, and the LaunchManager does not contain the new LC.
>
> Is this an oversight, could the writeNewFile() perform the Added/Changed

> notfication for non-local LCs as well, or is there a design reason for
> this behavior?

Resource deltas are used such that importing files from CVS, deleting
projects, etc., also results in updating the master list of
configurations. We'd still need to use resource deltas for this, but the
above mentioned case should work as well.

Thanks,

Darin Wright

Back to the top