[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debugger enhancement request: debugger view toolbars change based on context
- From: Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:39:12 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (Windows/20090812)
I've been looking at this problem for quite some time (see bug 246243).
I settled on using action sets to control visibility. Using active
debug context causes the menus to change a little too often, which makes
the UI look somewhat schizophrenic, not to mention performance implications.
Darin Wright wrote:
[platform-debug-dev] Debugger enhancement request: debugger view
toolbars change based on context
Two more things:
1) Action contributions (toolbars) are managed by the workbench. It would
be most desirable to use workbench constructs to control visibility rather
than having debug interfere with it (but this may be possible using the
command handler framework).
2) Not sure "F!" is a good choice :-)
platform-debug-dev mailing list