[platform-debug-dev] Issues creating custom debugger

Hello

I am working on creating a custom debugger plugin for Eclipse.

I have several things working already. I can launch debug configurations, breakpoints, threads, stack traces, stepping, variable inspection it all works.

There are two problems that I have that I have been unable to solve despite digging into other debugger code.

1. When a breakpoint is reached and I fire a suspend event in a thread with DebugEvent.BREAKPOINT as the details, the actual breakpoint doesn't get highlighted in the file editor.
How do I have Eclipse open the file in question, jump to the breakpoint line and add the little arrow and line highlight that indicates that we're at that point in the code?

2. After my threads and process terminate (and it all says terminated in the debug view) if I launch another debug configuration, eclipse's debug view gets all confused. It tried to re-use the old items and inserts the new process in the old list of process/threads. The view doesn't update right either.
I'm firing all the terminate events that I think I need to, but for some reason Eclipse isn't "cleaning up" the items.

Could someone out there point me in the right direction to solve these two issues?

Back to the top