Re: [platform-debug-dev] Issues creating custom debugger

> 1. When a breakpoint is reached and I fire a suspend event in a
> thread with DebugEvent.BREAKPOINT as the details, the actual
> breakpoint doesn't get highlighted in the file editor.
> How do I have Eclipse open the file in question, jump to the
> breakpoint line and add the little arrow and line highlight that
> indicates that we're at that point in the code?

You should check out past EclipseCon debug tutorials available at the
following link. There are modules on source lookup/display.

        http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/documents.php

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/documents/ec_2008/Debug_Tutorial_Basic_2008.ppt

Basically, an ILaunch provides an ISourceLocator. When a stack frame is
selected, source lookup is performed by the ISourceLocator, and the result
is displayed in an editor using the IDebugModelPresentation
(getEditorId(..), getEditorInput(..)). The editor is positioned and an
instruction pointer is inserted based on the stack frame's line number and
char start/end values.

> 2. After my threads and process terminate (and it all says
> terminated in the debug view) if I launch another debug
> configuration, eclipse's debug view gets all confused. It tried to
> re-use the old items and inserts the new process in the old list of
> process/threads. The view doesn't update right either.
> I'm firing all the terminate events that I think I need to, but for
> some reason Eclipse isn't "cleaning up" the items.

Sounds like the equals/hashcode of your objects is colliding - i.e. they
are equal when they should not be.

Darin Wright

Back to the top